Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Job: check!

Finally some great news and great relief--I have a job! Somehow in this budget crisis-ridden state, I got a job at UCLA, just 8 miles west of our apartment. Starting Monday I'll be Senior Editor at the UCLA Department of Undergraduate Admissions and Relations with Schools. I'll be writing and designing all types of recruitment materials for prospective students, and in the fall I'll even be evaluating students' applications. I remember the insane amount of anxiety I had during the college application process back in high school. It will be quite interesting being on the other side of the admissions process.

A fact that I didn't know: UCLA receives the most undergraduate applications out of any school in the world.

To celebrate, N and I went to BCD Tofu House. They have several locations, but the one on Wilshire is supposed to be the best one. When we walked in, we thought that it might be a Korean restaurant for white folk. But the soondubu was FANTASTIC (N went into pleasure overload over it). The three best things about it is that each person in your party gets their own small broiled fish for bahnchan, their own stone pot of rice, and your own bowl of mool kimchee! I loooove mool kimchee. And the soondubu is the best I've ever had. It was also the first time that N had ever had the toasted rice on the bottom of the stone pot mixed with water. He said it was an acquired taste...I guess his Korean genes only go so far.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

congrats!!!!
so if our kids ever want to go to UCLA we're in?!

(btw..my dear dear friend hana is moving to la in two weeks! we're losing evereyone! more of a reason to visit i guess...)

debbie said...

haha, i'm sure your guys' kids would get in without any help from me :)

everyone's doing it....forget about korea. LA!