Sunday, April 4, 2010

lack of focus

This blog is quickly losing relevance to NYC or LA, which was definitely not my intention. I had grand aspirations for it to reach a wider audience who was either interested in either city or wanted to do a move like we did. But i'm pretty sure that I know each of you who are reading this personally, so I'm sure your reading is due to a personal connection to me anyway. So let the unfocused word barf begin!

Time for a D-I-E-T update. It's almost the end of week 5, and I've lost 5 pounds so far and N has lost 10 (stupid boys--isn't this always the way?? I swear it's easier for men to lose weight than women). It was N's birthday last Thursday so I first gave him a UCLA water bottle to hint of the gift to come, then he opened his Amazon packages which held the Perfect Pushup, Perfect Pullup and an arm hanging accessory to do ab exercises with the bar. He'd had his eyes on this stuff for years now, I think. And it's not a superfluous purchase because it's for health reasons, right? ;)

The last time I successfully did a pullup was in 9th grade, I think. And then I did two before giving out. So I don't think I'll be getting much use out of that gizmo. But I can use the Perfect Pushup, right? Apparently not--I attempted one and fell flat on my face. I then tried a girly (ah-hem, I mean *modified*) pushup with them and succeeded, but it was really tough. I always thought girly pushups were too easy, but with the perfect pushup they are really difficult, but doable. Maybe I can get some use out of it in the end.

We set a somewhat arbitrary date to "end" our diet--my brother's wedding at the end of June. So we still have a long ways to go. I'm hoping I can add another 10 to that 5 I've lost so far.

No comments: