Wednesday, July 21, 2010

i'm famous!

http://www.slate.com/id/2260826

Yes! That's me! Debra in Los Angeles!

I submitted that question to My Goodness at Slate because it seemed to be very similar to the kind of questions they post on that column. I find it hilarious that N became the issue when he really had barely anything to do with it at all.

Here's my original worded email to them, if you are curious:

Hello,

I've donated in the past to various charities, and I must be on some mailing list of some kind because I constantly receive letters in the mail asking for donations (from organizations I've never heard of) and they include a sheet of personally printed return labels with them using my address. Since I am just uninterested in some of these group's causes, I use the return labels for my personal mail and toss out the rest of the letter without donating. My boyfriend jokingly pokes fun of me because of this, but I'm pretty sure he'd rather have me not use the labels and just throw them in the garbage. No one else can use them since they have my address on them. Sometimes the labels have the name of the organization on them, and then I think I am just perpetuating a lie since the recipient of the mail may assume I have supported the organization. It's a small but everyday kind of problem. What should I do?

Thanks.

No comments: